CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gardening!

The Tannahill's have successfully grown our 1st GARDEN!! I absolutely love the feeling of being able to grow food for my family! We have loved watching our garden grow. We planted zucchini, squash, corn, pumpkins, watermelons and a few sunflowers! We are so excited, we officially have 3 pumpkins growing and will hopefully be big and orange just in time for Halloween!! Brayden is definitely learning the meaning of patients waiting for the vegetables to be ripe enough to pick!

I promise to only preach for a min..... our church has repeatedly told us of the importance of being prepared! To be able to provide for our families and be self-reliant in case of an emergency. Ezra Taft Benson (1899–1994) Thirteenth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints said, “The revelation to store food may be as essential to our temporal salvation today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of Noah”. I don't know about You but the is enough for me to go out and get my year supply of food storage TODAY!


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ny favorite part of the Tannahill garden is that I am close enough to benefit!!! LOVE IT. Thanks for all the YUMMY vegi's, I can't wait for corn and pumpkins! Thank you for feeding me everyday!

Nate and Suzanne said...

GREAT JOB GIRL YOU GO!!!
HEY I HAVE FINALLY MOVING INTO A HOUSE SO WE DEFINITELY NEED TO GET TOGETHER NOW.... YOU GUYS ARE JUST TO CUTE....
LETS GET TOGETHER SOON....
SUZANNE

Hilary said...

Wow, that is an amazing garden - good job! We planted a little one this year too and Bridger loves to go out and pick ripe veggies and eat them. I've never been able to get him to eat veggies before. So fun. Hey I was in the neighborhood the other day and noticed a for sale sign in your yard! Is that right? Bout time you decided to move over by us ;)